Events - Month View
The event calendar shows upcoming club events. Select a view then use the navigation buttons to move
between dates. Click on the event to view more information, including the event description, times,
location, fees and any rules regarding attendance; you can also register for events from this screen.
Click on the magnifying glass on the toolbar to see search and filter options.
We have three trips planned for this Thursday.
1. Larry Lempert will coordinate a Bridge-to-Bridge paddle at at Harpers Ferry. Tentative meeting time is 10:30am at Potoma Wayside, but plans could change. Contact Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to join this trip. The level is projected to be around 2.4’. Cl. II+
2. Peter Ryan will coordinate a trip to Little Falls, meeting on the feeder canal above Z-channel, ready to paddle at 11:00. Park at Lock 5 or 6 around 10:30. Please contact Peter at email@example.com if you plan to join this trip. He can also be reached on his cell at (603) 502-0311. The level is projected to be around 3.3’, with high tide at 2:00 pm. Cl. III
3. David Cottingham (Cotton) will coordinate a trip from Angler’s Inn to Lock 10. Meet at the Lock 10 parking lot at 11:00 am. We will set a shuttle to Angler’s Inn, planning to launch there by noon.. Air temperature forecast to be 60 and partly cloudy at 12.. Water temps are in low 50s. The group will paddle up to the chutes at Difficult Run before heading downstream to Lock 10. Dress warmly and pack a lunch or snacks. Please let Cotton know if you plan to join the group — firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-699-1277. - Cl. II+
Fully vaccinated people can congregate in small groups, share shuttle rides and carpooling together, etc., consistent with CDC Guidelines.
For groups that include un-vaccinated people, masks should be worn, consistent with CDC Guidelines.
Auto shuttles involving un-vaccinated people
• Wear a mask covering mouth and nose while in shuttle vehicles
• Open windows to allow for air circulation
• Avoid carpooling to distant sites
All participants should bring a personal mask to be worn as needed.
Do not attend if you think that you may have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks,
We have two trips planned for this Thursday, the last of our regularly scheduled CCA Thursday paddles.
1. Kim Buttleman and Jenny Thomas will lead their final CCA Thursday trip for 2021. For this special occasion, they have selected (drumroll please) the Staircase. The level is predicted to be a surfer’s delight of about 3.2 feet. The weather will be mostly sunny, with a balmy high of 72 degrees, and a bit of wind. There is a chance of showers after 4 pm so they would like to meet at Potoma Wayside at 10:00 am (unless there is a groundswell of folks that want to take out at Weverton). Contact Kim at email@example.com if you would like to join. For any changes on the day of the trip, call or text Jenny at 703-907-9771.
2. In addition, there will be an Angler's Inn to Lock 10 trip, meeting at Lock 10 at 10:00 am. Forecast level is 3.6'. Don't pack a lunch - those who are so inclined will meet at Fish Taco after the paddle. Please advise Wayne McDaniel (firstname.lastname@example.org, 443 542 8779) if you plan to join.
Many thanks to our trip coordinators who planned and headed up over 50 Thursday trips with over 400 participants, many of whom were repeat paddlers. If you didn’t join us this year, 2022 is not far away.