The CCA Downriver Race has been held every year since 1956,
making it the Nation’s oldest consecutively run canoe race
BEFORE RACE DAY:
- If you aren’t a CCA member, this is a great time join and support your local kayak and canoe club. Join CCA Membership is only $20 per year.
- Register online, on this webpage, by Friday 6/4 at 5 PM and also fill out the online ACA Waiver. You must register online and pay with your credit card before race day. Tandem teams must register and pay separately, and list their partner.
ON RACE DAY:
- Check the water level at Potomac.Surf or USGS Little Falls
- All racers must wear PFDs (life jackets) and helmets. All boats must have flotation; no exceptions.
- Check in from 8:30-9:30 AM to receive race bib and instructions
- Check in at Great Falls MD park if water levels below 5 ft
- Check in at Anglers Beach if water levels 5 ft to below 6 ft
- Mass start at 11 AM sharp
- Water level below 5 ft, start on water at Rocky Island cove
- Water level at 5 ft to below 6 ft, start at Anglers Beach
- Water level at 6 ft and above, race postponed to next Saturday
- Finish at Sycamore Island by 1 PM
- Picnic on-site from 1-2 PM, Awards at 2 PM
Sycamore Island COVID-19 Regulations
Masks must be worn on the ferry and must be worn on the Island when distancing is not possible. There is a limit of 25 people inside the Clubhouse, with masks, and a limit of fifty people total on the Island at one time.
By participating, you are agreeing to be responsible for your own safety, which includes being familiar with the race course, and well within your abilities to paddle it at the race-day levels and conditions. This is not an event for beginners
VOLUNTEER: If you want to participate, but not race, then please consider volunteering:
For assistance, contact Jennifer Sass, Tel: 301-752-8069, Email: email@example.com
By participating in this race in any capacity, including as a racer or volunteer, you are agreeing to fully comply with all orders and guidance issued by the Maryland Governor’s office relevant to the covid-19 pandemic at the time of the race.